I’m Sam and I’m a 31-year-old yoga teacher and content editor based in London, UK.
From journalism to copywriting, words have been my trade for the past 10 years. I’ve been practising yoga for almost as long – what began as a fun hobby where I threw my body into different shapes, became an essential antidote to the stresses of daily life.
I started ‘Yoga Panther’ back in 2012 so that I could combine these two things; I write about yoga and wellbeing, inspiring others to live a healthy life. Eventually I landed a job at Nuffield Health where I could help to build a healthier nation through the power of language.
In 2021, I decided to take the plunge and do my 200-hour yoga teacher training with Yoga London. I faced my fears of public speaking and eventually was able to teach 15 other trainees, without feeling like I needed to throw up!
After my training, I realised that I could incorporate my other love – Japanese culture – so I’ve been reading up on Japanese Yoga (shinshin-toistu-do) and Zen Buddhism.
Here are some other things I love:
- Outdoor yoga – whether in a park or on a paddleboard – I feel even more connected to nature
- Japan – I visited the land of the rising sun in 2016 and 2019, and want to go back as soon as I can
- Matcha – especially in cake and chocolate
- Arts and crafts – I support small biz and occassionally do my own drawings and embroidery
- Sustainable living – I stock up at my local eco shop, avoid single-use plastic and I’m mostly veggie.
Further training/workshops I’ve completed:
- Refining the Language of Teaching Yoga – Andrew McGonigle aka Doctor Yogi
Sam aka Yoga Panther x