Between 2013 and 2016 I worked at Hogarth – a global marketing implementation agency.
Due to copyright, I can’t show anything I worked on…but I can tell you a bit about my roles.
Hogarth first took me on as a proofreader. This involved:
- Quality control of printed materials in the areas of pharmaceuticals, nutrition, finance, travel, retail and technology.
- Checking for consistency and accuracy in content, formatting and layout.
- Following a set of guidelines for a range of markets.
After 2 months at the company, I embarked on a copywriting project. The 3-month project turned into a 6-month stint, which turned into a full time role and I was promoted to copywriter, working in the creative team.
I primarily worked for one client in the financial industry. This involved:
- Writing and editing copy for marketing and communications material across multiple channels.
- Making content less corporate and more human.
- Checking all copy was consistent and fitted the company’s values and tone of voice.
- Making sure content flowed and was easy to read, especially if it had been translated from another language.
- Meeting with the client every month to check everything was on track.
I also wrote for other blue-chip clients, worked on pitches for new clients and attended brainstorming meetings.
The different channels I’ve worked on include:
- Direct mailers
- App content
- Brand/advertising guidelines
- TV and radio scripts
- Telephone scripts
- Internal communications.